1. It has been said that you ride very hard, very far, very fast. What is your secret for being able to do that?
Eric: Because when I'm not riding, I'm on the couch watching 90's Action movies.
2. True or False: When touring....it is cooler to be packed lighter than everyone else?
Eric: I'm just lazy & always pack last minute. But yes I'm cooler than everyone else.
3. If on a bike tour and you have the lightest pack....would that be an advantage or a disadvantage if a tornado were to blow across the group? Please explain your answer?
Eric: I think you need to rewatch the thrilling 1996 film, Twister starring Helen Hunt & the great Bill Paxton to find that answer.
4. How did you choose the route for Search Brigade LA?
Eric: Thats's easy, I just pieced together like 3 or 4 normal routes into one giant mother fucker of a ride.
5. Will Search Brigade LA be an ass-kicker of a route?
Eric: It would have been worse had the Sand Fire not closed Mendenhall Ridge Road, my favorite dirt road in the Angeles Forest. It will hurt, a lot.
6. Are you afraid that someone faster than you will show up to Search Brigade LA and leave you in the dust to cry like a baby?
Eric: I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
7. Any words of wisdom for the brave souls joining you on Search Brigade LA?
Eric: Well, an injury has taken me off the bike. They will all suffer without me. Life is cruel.
8. Let's talk about Spirit Animals for a minute. Which spirit animal most closely relates to your riding style? And, which spirit animal most closely relates to your regular life off the bike?
Eric: Patrick Swayze as Dalton in Roadhouse on and off the bike.
9. Which ring is the sexiest ring: The big ring, the small ring, or a nipple ring? Please explain.
Eric: I think the sexiest ring is my wife's engagement ring.
10. Are you familiar with the following phrase? "You are going to get Brunted." Could you take a stab at what that might mean? And is that going to happen on any of your rides?
Eric: Let me clear this up, Natalie is the only one who has been "Brunted"
11. (Because this one goes to 11): On a scale of 1-11, how sweet is that sweet Speedvagen bike you ride?
Eric: It's just a bike that is gold, But yes it's flippin' sweet.
Keep up with Eric's latest @bearthebruntJohn Watson